The Joy of Uniqlo Window Display
Stores are the heart of the UNIQLO brand – they provide a space where customers can connect directly to the product and experience the service first hand. Christmas Holidays are a highly competitive time of year so a key challenge for marketers is convincing their product will make the perfect gift.
We were brief to:
create bold windows and iconic UNIQLO ‘FISH TANK’ displays that expose the theme ‘THE JOY OF UNIQLO’ and reinforce the brand’s unique style. Heighten UNIQLO’s presence by connecting with shoppers with minimalist yet high impact displays throughout our 12 Australian stores.
UNIQLO has a “WOW minimalist aesthetic”; both in its apparel and in its store aesthetics and this has been translated into the holiday themed window and instore displays. The entire façade of each door has been wrapped with vibrant red and green translucent decals. The bold visuals have a real wow factor about them. The idea itself is minimal and clean, but the outcome is amazing, cleverly using little more than window decals with glitter backgrounds.The translucency of the decals combined with the ultra-bright stage lighting of the windows, instantly transforms the normally clear windows into an impressive Christmas light box promoting both brand and product showcase. The tagline “THE JOY OF UNIQLO – The perfect gift for loved ones and friends” reinforces that basic fashion apparel is a wonderful stocking filler.
• ‘Wrapping paper’ digitally printed on ultraclear self-adhesive decals.
• LED ticker lights with campaign text.
• Campaign text; white & red computer-cut decals.
• PhotoEtch backdrops with screen printed glitter and varnish with Kappa-board router-cut panels.
• Green seasonal lighting used in night windows.
UNIQLO was defined its Christmas retail presence as an “international leader in style, quality, and value. Our stores stood out more than most getting new shoppers through the door, but then exceptional offers turned window shoppers into buyers. The Chadstone store stood-out like a Christmas Holiday beacon more than any other retailer in the refurbished shopping centre.
Key sales results:
• In 2016 sales across Australia surged to +47% (up from LY) to $174.5 million after the holiday period!
• The “12 Days of Christmas” initiative created hype at front of store and sold out entirely on most days. The price points of these items was targeted perfectly as gifts and was heralded as an excellent way for the sales team to interact with customers.
• The global visual merchandising concept for 2016 Holiday Season was a winter concept, creating a challenge against our summer season in Australia. We transformed the campaign by creating a local concept, displaying the current summer season to connect with the Australian customer who expect a warm Christmas.
Retail ppoint of sale