Star Wars The Force Awakens
Disney’s new Star Wars – The Force Awakens movie was to premier in 2015, and with merchandise being launched prior to the cinema release, we wanted to help retailers celebrate the franchise in-store with compelling, engaging, unique, large scale event style space to attract a buzz and word of mouth.
The activation needed to cover flagship destinations within Myer and Target locations received a premium offering of cutting edge digital and interactive displays, whilst other locations at Target, Big W and JB Hi Fi had bins.
• Star Wars – Projection – Store Entrance. Front and Centre Impact – Rear-Projection Mapping. Created for 2 weeks, but was used for several months as it took up no floor space. Content updated twice. People queued outside to get hold of the New Star wars Merchandise on the launch night. This piece created theatre in-store that excited shoppers outside also.
• Archway, Gondola and headers, standees and hanging mobiles of spacecraft – Digitally printed and die-cut cardboard.
Amazing 3D-Archways linked store gondola’s together and brought life-size characters to store including; BB-8 Droid, Storm Troopers, Rey, Fin and Kylo Ren. Fighters spacecraft’s hung from the ceiling. All of these items added to in-store theatre whilst taking no floor space.
• Force Meter – A fantasy interactive display that measured “the force” of shoppers. The Scores ranged from Minimum “Keep Training” to Maximum “JEDI Master”. Star Wars sound effects added to the experience.
The range of theatre in-store was highly adaptable and created a beacon to the Star Wars merchandise. Shopping was made an experience. The flexibility of the displays made it easy to drop in new merchandise and move things from front of store into in-department. The Forcemeter created “moments” when families could compete for the best Jedi force! The archways brought iconic scenes and characters into store leveraging off existing gondolas.
• Overall Toy Brand of 2015 & #1 Toy Brand through December Christmas trading period (NPD)
• The cinema release was the second-highest grossing film of all time in Australia with over $93M at the box office and over 30 box office records broken across AUNZ
• Record breaking sell through during December across men’s and kids apparel, publishing and home wares with many items selling out.
• Retailers fully supported the franchise with dedicated space in-stores, including an unprecedented event space that lasted for 6 months in one particular retailer (Sept-Feb).
Retail point of sale