Disney Cars Window Display
Cars 3 was to launch in Australia in June 2017 where the previous instalment grossed just over $1billion at the box office worldwide. Merchandise sales for the film was just over $10 billion. The release of Cars 3 was the perfect time for Myer to not only share in these sales, but also drive traffic to their dedicated Toy and Clothing Mecca on Level 4 at Bourke St, Melbourne. We needed to drive excitement and engagement for young and old in the department store, so creating a unique and captivating window display was essential.
Iconic movie props were to be used to capture the imagination of potential customers. A unique spin was required to command attention and engage both fans and novices of the street and into store. Lightning McQueen was re-imagined as a 180 x 140cm, neon-flex LED lit, number 95. The number is synonymous with the films hero and is recognised by kids and adults alike.
• Over 500 of Mattel’s best-selling diecast toy McQueen cars were used to clad the giant ‘95’ for an unexpected use of the product and point of difference.
• An electric, spectator-filled race day scene was produced and then brought to life with 200 LED flashing camera bulbs.
• Floating 120cm Edgelit acrylic Cars 3 logo; repeated on other Kids floor across Australia
• 3D Lightyear Tyres
• Lighting played a huge role in engaging shoppers and creating atmosphere surrounding the window. Without one particular new product being promoted, the focus needed to be on the brand and story to encourage anticipation for what Cars 3 treasures were awaiting on Level 4.
• Neon flex added definition to the ’95’
• 200 flash-bulb like LEDs used to create the race day.
This was our 2nd activation in the Myer windows and the only one in 2017. The last one was Ant Man in 2015. The activation created a world of wonder and Cars 3 theatre to the iconic Myer windows that the Disney brand was incredibly proud of. It was an absolute traffic stopper! Cars 3 would have been our largest activation with Myer for Disney in 2017 with sales in the range of $8M+ “This was a significant increase, and we would not have seen a similar spike since Cars 2 was released in 2011. So important that we get great exposure as it’s been a while since the last Cars film.”
Retail point of sale