At ACTIVE we are not only committed to 100% compliance with all environmental regulations governing the conduct of our business, we are pro-active in our quest for continual improvement to operate in more environmentally friendly ways.
Environmental Focus Areas:
- Energy efficient manufacturing
- Recycling of manufacturing waste and by-products
- Management of plant discharges to the sewer and the atmosphere
- The suggestion and use of recyclable materials in production
- Adopting manufacturing methods more readily permitting recycling at end-of-life
- Quotation estimates to reclaim recyclable materials in goods no longer required
ACTIVE recieved POPAI's 2017 ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP Award for our Myer A/W New Season Visual Merchandising. READ MORE ABOUT THIS ACTIVATION
ENERGY REDUCTION INITIATIVES
LIGHTING: Use of energy efficient MV lighting in all manufacturing facilities
POWER SAVING: Energy waste minimalisation through automatic shut-down of non-essential power out of business hours (at main switchboards)
RECYCLING: All waste paper, plastic & metal products are collected and recycled
COMPLIANCE: All manufacturing plants hold current 'Trade Waste' agreements with local Water Authorities.
DESIGNING FOR SUSTAINABILITY
- Where performance constraints permit, we will adopt mechanical fixing methods to join the various parts rather than adhesives.
- Mechanical joins permit the dismantling of uncontaminated components at end-of-life to permit effective re-use and recycling.
- Where possible, use redressible store fixtures. E.g. Wall prints - redressable frames
Up to date FSC certification - August 2018
What is FSC Chain of Custody?
FSC is the Forestry Stewardship Council, which is an organization devoted to encouraging the responsible management of the world’s forests (e.g. remove a tree - replant a tree). There are also strict rules about not removing trees where there are endangered species, no use of child labour as well as other moral, ethical and OHS requirements.
Chain of Custody certification and the use of the FSC logo is assurance that what ACTIVE produce is made with or contains wood that comes from FSC certified well managed forests. There are three types of FSC labels that Active use, FSC 100%, FSC Mix and FSC Recycled. To ensure compliance, every piece of paperwork associated with the FSC claim job requires reference to the FSC claim.
ACTIVE 2020 GOALS
As POS and VM manufacturers, we have a commitment to keep supplying the most environmentally friendly VM solutions where possible, keeping in mind; recyclability, reusability, and energy efficiency at all times.
- All waste paper products are collected and recycled
- All fabric textile products are collected and recycled
- All plastic offcuts are sorted, separately stored and collected for recycling
- All aluminium offcuts & waste is collected & recycled
- All corflute & multiflute waste is collected & recycled
We are currently working on a partnership with Textile Recyclers Australia with the aim of creating a solution that is both environmentally and financially viable. READ ABOUT AFI BRANDING - ECO PARTNERS